Our Latest News and Events
- Football CoachingWe are beginning our Football coaching sessions again next week, with a coach from CFC Foundation -
- INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE 1 DAY COURSEAre you a Big Local resident and would like to attend a course we are offering? Is this something that will support you within your career search? If the answer is yes .....
- JOBS FAIR 2019We are holding a Jobs Fair ........
- Up Cycling Fashion CourseIf your child is aged between 7 - 14 and would like to attend this amazing course, please contact us on 07464971428.......
- ANNUAL SUMMER EVENT!!!It is that time of year again where we finalise all the amazing things that will be happening at our Big Local Summer Event!
- NON VIOLENCE IN CONFLICT SITUATIONSAre you aged between 15 - 25 and interested in attending this course?
- IT Beginners L3We are now moving onto level 3
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)You are invited to our AGM on Wednesday 19th June at 18.30......
- LASH LIFT & TINT 1 DAY COURSEWe are delighted to book you another course which will support your career within the beauty industry!
- EYEBROW COURSEFollowing on from beauty courses we have offered lately, we have now booked in another one for you :)
- IT Level 2We are offering a Level 2 computer course....
- TABLE TOP SALEWe will be holding another sale on Saturday 8th June ........
- Locally Trusted OrganisationWorlds End and Lots Road Big Local are in the process of looking for an (LTO). If you are a local charity within RBKC and may be interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read below for more information...
The Locally Trusted Partner OrganisationA Locally Trusted Partner Organisation (LTO) is the organisation chosen by the WELR partnership to administer and account for the distribution of funds and employ staff on behalf of the Big Local partnership. This is necessary because the Partnership doesn’t exist as a legal entity and cannot receive, administer and account for funding. This is why The Local Trust asks Partnerships to work with organisations which they trust, that have the appropriate skills and structures in place to undertake these activities on the Partnership’s behalf. Ultimately, the locally trusted organisation is both legally and financially responsible for the funding. The Local Trust expects all locally trusted organisations to follow or develop their own financial processes and controls and meet the requirements of our terms and conditions of funding as set out in the agreement with the Local Trust.
As a minimum each locally trusted organisation must be able to:
- Receive and administer funding on behalf of the Big Local partnership, and in line with the Big Local plan and funding agreement
- Report on the use of funding to the Partnership and to the Local Trust
- Provide grant and partnership administration support
- Have a good working relationship with the Staff, the Partnership, the Local Trust, and with the Big Local rep (Representative of the Local Trust Charity)
- Pass due diligence checks which includes being suitably experienced, constituted and able to keep accurate financial records of how the money is being spent
- Agree and sign the Local Trust funding agreement.
Additionally, the WELR Locally trusted partner organisation must be able to:
- Employ staff (Existing staff should have the option to continue on their current contract format or sign a new contract with the new LTO – TUPE regulations will be distributed to shortlisted candidates)
- Hold the lease for The Big Local Hub
- Provide insurance, (Public liability, contents, etc…)
- We are now a Co-op Local CauseYou can help us offer more to local youth... We are being supported by the Co op for our Big Local MO1 Youth Skills programme. For every £1.00 you spend at the local Co-op we will receive 1%. This will enable our great programme to continue giving our young people Skills every Monday & Tuesday.
- INDIVIDUAL EYELASH COURSEWOW!!!! We are offering you this amazing course... SPACES ARE LIMITED
- Gel Extensions and Polish courseWe are offering this amazing 1 day course...
- ESOL TASTER SESSIONWe will be holding a taster session on Thusrday 4th April 2019 10.00 - 13.00.
- STOP & SEARCH – KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!Do you ever wonder why people are stopped & searched by the Police?
- DAY TRIP TO SOUTHEND-ON-SEA
Last year we went to Brighton for a day trip & this year we will be heading to Southend-On-Sea :)
- MO1 Youth Skills ProjectWe run a Youth Skills programme on a Tuesday and due to increased popularity we are now offering an extra day.
- Knitting ClubWe are working in collaboration with AgeUK Kensington & Chelsea to run a weekly knitting club. Participants work at all levels and knit hats and scarfs for homeless people and also bonnets for premature babies.
- WELR community grant schemeWhat are the WELR Big Local Community Grants? In year 1 the WELR Partnership will make up to £3,000 available for projects.
- THAMES REGATTACome along to this amazing event.....
- VACANCY Project/Outreach Worker
- LETS PLAY FOR 5 – 10 YEAR OLDS!We are starting up another Games Club which will now be called LETS PLAY....
- Project/Outreach WorkerJob Vacancy Project/Outreach Worker
- TABLE TOP SALEOut with the old & in with the new!
- SIA COURSEWe are offering our Big Local residents the opportunity to attend a 4 day SIA course ...
- Health & Strength Chair-Based ExerciseAre you 55 or over and would like to come along to a 10 week chair based exercise class?
- XMAS GAME – WELR BIG LOCAL vs NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING OFFICERS & PARTNERSAnother chance to come along and support our football teams ........
- STREET SAFE WORKSHOPSTREET SAFE - DAMAGE BY VIOLENCE WORKSHOP
- ESOL CourseESOL SPEAKING AND LISTENING ............
- FREE BEGINNERS IT COURSE WEA Adult Learning Within ReachWould you like to come along for a beginners IT course?
- WELR Big Local Youths vs Neighbourhood Policing Officers & Partners Football MatchHow exciting...
- Pensioners Christmas PartyIt is that time of year where we begin organising our annual Christmas party! Last year we held a party for 20 residents, and everyone had a fantastic time. We will be holding this on Friday 21st December from 12.00 - 16.00.
- SIA CourseAs there has been lots of interest from residents, we will be holding another SIA course... The course will begin on Tuesday 22nd January until Friday 25th January from 10.00 - 18.00.
- Table Top SaleWe held a very successful table top sale at the end of September! there was 32 stalls in total selling lots of various merchandise, toys, cloths, Xmas paper, gifts etc...
- GANG TALKWe will be joined tonight by Chris Preddie and Shawden who will give a talk to our young people about gangs etc and how to stay safe!
- 8 week art course for young peopleWe are delighted to offer another course for our young people. This will begin on Saturday 6th October at 11.30am until 1.30pm.
- Junior Project WorkerDo you want to work for an exciting community project that will make Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local area an even better place to live?
- RBKC Resident Community PanelRBKC Small Grants Community Panel The Council’s Community Engagement Team are planning to run their Small Grants programme in October 2018.
- Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local Table Top SaleWhen - Saturday 29th September Where - Worlds End Piazza Time - 10.00 - 14.00 Price - £5.00 for a table Please contact us on 07464971428 or email email@example.com to book a stall - Sorry no food stalls, only new & used goods.
- CSCS COURSEAre you interested in working on a construction site, but don't have the skills needed? Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local are offering residents the opportunity to attend a 1 day course on Wednesday 5th September from 10 - 6.
- Art ClubOur young people have attended a 6 week course with our amazing resident tutor :) They have been taught so much and produced lots of exciting pieces.
- Big Local MO1 Youth SkillsWe hold a Youth Skills workshop every Tuesday from 18.00 - 19.30. Our young people have had the opportunity to learn skills in Boxing, Thai Boxing, Kayaking, T Shirt design and much more...
- Junior Project WorkerAmazing Opportunity! We have an amazing opportunity come up for a Junior Project Worker - Please contact Vanessa on 07464971428 for an application or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Half term Arts & Crafts afternoonWe offered our young people a fun packed afternoon, where they were able to express their creative side.
- WelcomeWe would like to say a warm welcome to our new member of staff Adham who will be beginning his Big Local journey soon!
- Food Safety 4 day L3 courseOur residents have been very keen to attend our Food Safety courses, so much so that we have now run two L1 & two L2 courses.
- 100% Natural Cosmetic WorkshopDo you get fed up of paying out for expensive body creams, face wash, moisturisers etc?
- Brighton (Day Trip)We will be taking our residents to Brighton on Saturday 23rd June :) We will be leaving at 09.00 by coach and will return at 18.00.
- Essential First AidWell done to everyone that attended this course. We hope that you left with lots of valuable knowledge in what to do in the event of an emergency.
- SIA & Fire SafetyWell done to all our attendees who passed the SIA & Fire Safety course. We look forward to following your career path and hearing all about your future roles within this industry.
- Madame TussaudsWe visited Madame Tussauds with 12 of our young people on Saturday 19th May. We mingled with the stars and took a taxi back in time :)
- Big Local MO1 Youth SkillsFollowing on from our 6 week pilot session, we are delighted to be able to continue on with this amazing workshop for our young people.
- FREE Well-being workshops on a range of topicsWe will beginning these workshops on Tuesday 12th June for English speaking residents and Thursday 21st June for Arabic speaking residents. Each week there will be a different topic which will include the following, everyone suffers with at least 1 or more of these during their lifetime!
- Floristry CourseWe are offering our residents a Floristry course beginning on the 6th June.
- Big Local Youth WorkshopsWe are about to complete a 6 week pilot workshop for our young people - Following on from the success, we have been sponsored by a local organisation to continue this as an ongoing project.
- Food safety L2Well done to all our participants who completed and passed L2. Big Local is committed in supporting our residents with knowledge and skills, to enable them to seek work within their chosen field.
- Big Local Mo1fitness clubGet on the waiting list for our popular Mo1fitness club. We are running a 6 week pilot youth club every Tuesday for our young people, activities include Thai boxing, boxing, designing posters, t shirt designs & lots more!
- Junior Project WorkerDo you want to work for an exciting community project that will make Worlds End & Lots Road Big Local area an even better place to live?
- Food Safety Level 1 (Round 2)We recently held this course and due to popular demand we are offering it again ................. Wednesday 25th April 10.00 - 14.00 This qualification is ideal for anyone working in the catering and hospitality industry (or those looking or about to start work in the industry)
- DRAMA WORKSHOP 2018What a wonderful half term week our young people had, they attended a 4 day drama workshop and worked towards an end performance which they showcased to their family & friends!
- SIA TRAINING COURSEWorlds End and Lots Road Big Local are offering our residents the opportunity to attend a 4 day training course which will cover ............ Working in the private security industry. Working as a door supervisor Conflict management Physical intervention Fire safety Places are limited and will be offered on a first come first serve basis. Please contact Vanessa or Ella on 07464971428 or email email@example.com You will need to provide evidence of your address, along with a refundable deposit, to secure your place.
- YOUTH FITNESS TRAININGAre you aged between 11 - 16? We are offering our young people the opportunity to come along to a 6 week workshop, beginning Tuesday 6th March at 18.00 - 19.30.
- As one door closes another door opens!One illustration Club has finished & a new one will be beginning soon...
- HALF TERM DRAMA WORKSHOP!We are offering our WELR Big Local young people the opportunity to come along and enjoy a drama workshop with an experienced teacher in February half term.
- Henna workshopWe have an amazing workshop starting in February.
- We have a new home…The Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local have finally moved into our fantastic new hub!
- Food Safety Level 1We are offering Big Local residents a short course in February - This qualification is ideal for anyone working or looking to workl in the catering and hospitality industry.
- We are moving into our new hub!!We are putting down roots. Please come and join us at the opening of our new hub.
- Back to School Podcast
We have Gabby and Shalom interviewing each other about going back to school.
- Christmas Pensioners PartyWorlds End and Lots Road will be holding a Christmas party for our pensioners on Wednesday 20th December 2017...
- Christmas MarketWe are excited to be holding our second Christmas market - Come along on Saturday 25th November between 12.00 - 17.00 and join in the festivities! We have many stalls and residents selling their beautiful merchandise - Fair rides for the children and a wonderful brass band! We are delighted to also have some choir members from Chelsea Academy performing solos.
- September Podcast
We have decided to do this podcast after our recent trip to London Zoo.We chose the poem, "What of the hunting, hunter bold", by Rudyard Kipling from the original collection of tales, "The Jungle Book". The poem tells the sad tale of two hunters meeting after an unsuccessful hunt. The poem was set to music created by the children themselves using Apple's Garageband software.
- WELR Big Local Football coachingFootball coaching is now finished - Thank you to all our talented young people, who came along. We hope you enjoyed being taught by our experienced resident coach!
- Football CoachingWe have signed 10 children up for our football coaching sessions in September - We are really excited to witness the beginning of a Beckham, Lampard or Neymar :)
- Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local trip to the Zoo!WELR Big Local invited 11 young people from the Big Local area on a trip to London Zoo on Thursday 10th August 2017. What a wonderful day we all had, we saw lots of beautiful Animals and even had time to fit in a ride on a carousel and an ice cream :) The kids were great and it was an absolute pleasure spending the day with them.
- July Podcast – Musical Moments
Join us as we give the World's End take on a bunch of recent classics...
- Trip to London ZooWere all going to the zoo tomorrow...
- Mock Interview Fun!
This podcast is a mix of mock interviews done by our youth members.
- Self Defence ClassWorlds End and Lots Road are offering a free Self Defence Class on Wednesday 12th July for Women only.
- WELR Big Local Summer EventIt is nearly that time of year where we all come together as a Community - Add the date to your diary. We have lots going on and it will be a great day.
- AGM 2017WELR Big Local held their 2nd AGM on Tuesday 16th May. Thank you to all who attended and we are sure you will agree lots of exciting things have been happening. Thank you to SMART for the delicious food.
- Floristry CourseWELR Big Local and Brompton Cemetery recently held a Floristry course for 6 local residents. The arrangements they made were amazing and the feedback was fabulous.
- Jobs Enterprise & TrainingWe recently held a 6 day SIA course and are delighted that all 6 attendees passed. They have received 3 certificates and can now apply for their SIA card, which is needed to work within the Security industry. 4 of the people that attended this course are now attending a 3 day CCTV training, and we are pleased to welcome a new resident onto this course too. WELR Big Local are committed in supporting residents with training to enable them to have the right qualification for employment. We will keep you updated on their progress. Congratulations and well done!
- Introduction to FloristryWorlds End and Lots Road Big Local & Brompton Cemetery Conservation Project are offering an introduction to Floristy Course. Would you like to learn how to make various flower arrangements using fresh flowers and foliage? If the answer is yes, please come along to - Worlds End Community Centre 16, Blantyre Street Worlds End Estate SW10 ODS Thursday 20th April 09.00 - 16.00 to sign up. A refundable £30.00 deposit and proof of address will be required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Spaces are limited and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- Worlds End Podcasts 003 – An interview with Ricky Rayment
The former TOWIE star came along to the World End to face a grilling from some of the local youth. Ricky talks about TOWIE and keeping in contact with his old cast mates.He discusses the perils of live theatre, all of the various creative and business projects that he is currently involved with, how his love of pets took him all the way to Romania for charity and he even revisits his school days.
- Illustration/Comic workshopSaturday saw the start of our aspiring artists at our new club. We are delighted that our young residents enjoyed the first session and look forward to seeing them again soon. They will be working towards a final comic, we will keep you updated.
- Jobs/Enterprise SIA courseWELR Big Local residents recently attended a 6 day course and covered the following -
- Working within the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Door Supervisor
- Conflict Management
- Physical Intervention Skills
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Fire Safety
- Games clubFREE - After school Games club is run twice a month for 1 hour at World's End Community Centre. It is a great way to learn team work and knowledge. We have lots of exciting games, Scrabble, Think words, Trivial Pursuit, Articulate and more... Stars are awarded after each session for good team work, behaviour and being kind to others - What do stars make? = Prizes! One lucky child who has the most stars will receive a prize after 4 sessions. We now have 15 young people signed up. If you are aged between 5 - 11 and would like to come along, please ask a parent/carer to call 07464971428 or email email@example.com
- Singapore Maths WorkshopHave you heard about this amazing way to teach your Children Maths? We are offering a free workshop for WELR Big Local residents on Wednesday 8th March between 13.30 - 15.00.
- SIA CourseWELR Big Local are working to offer local residents courses, which fit into our Jobs and Enterprise priority.
We are running a 5 day SIA course in March, which will cover the following -
- Working within the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Door Supervisor
- Conflict Management
- Physical Intervention Skills
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- Essential First Aid CourseFREE ESSENTIAL FIRST AID COURSE - St.John Ambulance WELR Big Local will be holding this course for WELR Big Local residents on Wednesday 1st March between 12.00 - 15.00. If you would like to sign up, please come along to - World's End Community Centre 16, Blantyre Street Chelsea SW10 ODS On Thursday 9th February between 9.30 - 15.30. Please bring along proof of address. For more information please contact Vanessa on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07464971428 Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis
- WELR Children’s Christmas party 2016
Many thanks to all the kids and parents who came alongThe Children had a wonderful time at the WELR Big Local Christmas party and loved seeing Santa and little Elf!! :)
- WELR Big Local Christmas market 2016 – What a wonderful day!!We all had a great day on Friday. Many thanks to all the stallholders. performers and visitors who contributed such a brilliant occasion...
- WELR Children’s Christmas party – Saturday 10th December 2016Come along and sign your child up for our FREE Christmas party! Spaces available for Children 8 and under - Lots of fun things, including Science experiments, Face painting, Games, Food, Music.
- WELR Big Local SMART Music ClubWELR Big Local SMART Music Club will be holding their monthly club on Thursday 15th December between 11.00 - 13.00. Come along and get involved with this fantastic session, we will be extending the invitation beyond the WELR Big Local area :)
- How exciting!!! WELR BIG LOCAL CHRISTMAS MARKET 2016
WELR Big Local are bringing Christmas to the Worlds End Piazza on Friday 9th December 14.00 - 19.00.There will be various stalls with lovely merchandise for sale ........ Homemade cakes, Gifts, Crafts, Jewellery and more ............ Come along and listen to the amazing Chelsea Academy School Choir 16.00 - 17.00 & Sing To live, Live to Sing, who will be singing for you between 17.00 - 18.00 - Followed by the fabulous Wandsworth & Putney Brass Band, performing Christmas songs between 18.00 - 19.00 We look forward to seeing you there. FREE MINCE PIES
- SU2C We raised £351!!
Thank you to everyone who came along and supported us to raise money for SU2C - We are delighted with the money raised.Thank you also to all the local businesses who kindly donated gifts for our raffle and not forgetting all the people who baked cakes, they were delicious!
- STAND UP TO CANCERThank you to everyone that came along and supported SU2C Coffee morning - We are absolutely delighted to inform you that we raised £351! We would also like to thank all the local businesses that so kindly donated gifts for the raffle and everyone that made all the beautiful cakes, you all helped to make this a great event.
- WELR BIG LOCAL BIG LOCAL SUMMER EVENTMake a date in your diary for Saturday 23rd July 2016 - WELR Big Local are excited to bring you the 3rd Summer event! Lots of entertainment - Music, Food, Children's Fair rides and lots more, This is a day to bring all the WELR Big Local residents together and have a fun day. Let's hope the sun is shining for us.
- CV Writing, Interview techniques, Job search – We are here to help you.
Are you looking to get back into employment or at the start of your career and would like support with ..................... Interview techniques, CV writing, Job search?If so then we have the perfect workshop for you, SMART Service Manager and WELR Big Local will be working together to offer a free 2 hr workshop to WELR Big Local residents on Wednesday 24th August between 11.00 - 13.00, and follow on monthly sessions. If you would like more information please contact Vanessa@welr.org.uk 07464971428 Numbers will be limited and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- Jobs and EnterpriseWELR Big Local is working with Portobello Business centre to provide a free workshop and course for WELR Big Local residents.
- Worlds End Radio Station
The World's End Radio is a local based project run by the WELR Big Local that aims to create a series of Internet based podcasts and videos produced by young people from the local area. These podcasts will become available to the general public via iTunes and the WELR website itself.The idea behind the station is to give the youth in the local area a platform to develop their own voice. Moreover participation in the project will afford access to training in various skills (presenting, scripting, recording, production, editorial skills and web development) which will be useful in furthering their careers if they so choose We now have 11 amazing young people who have signed up and come along to the sessions - We will be uploading our first podcast very soon ............... Watch this space!
- What a difference a Planter makes!WELR Big Local are so pleased with the amazing Planters! We hope you love them as much as we do - Huge thanks to Terry Oliver & Team and SMART for the maintenance and keeping them looking beautiful.
- A new member of the WELR team
Ella Camille has been appointed to the WELR Big Local team as the Junior Project/Outreach Worker.Ella has lived in the WELR Big Local area all her life and has used many of the services available through the years. Ella is enthusiastic about all of our current and upcoming projects and is excited about her new role with WELR Big Local. She is looking forward to working with Vanessa and making positive changes to the area, and she shows extreme passion particularly around the opportunities of working with young people.
- WELR music Café sessionWe will be introducing social music sessions soon. The sessions are based on the SMART ethos that music can be a helpful and therapeutic means of communication, interaction and expression.
- Upcoming Annual General Meeting
The Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local is a 10-year project empowering local people to make a real difference to their neighbourhood.Now halfway through our first full year, We are holding our Annual General Meeting, where we elect local residents as Partners to oversee the whole project.
Venue:WERA Clubroom, 16 Blantyre Street, Chelsea SW10 ODS
Date:Tuesday, 15th March
Time:19.00–19.30 AGM 19.30–20.30 Refreshments / social event Our priorities are: Jobs, Training and Enterprise; Young People; Community Events & Green and Open Spaces. The AGM agenda will be:
- Election of new Partners
- Partners report
- Any Questions?
- Green and Open Spaces
- Pictures from the 2015 Xmas PartyThe Big Local Children's Christmas party took place at the World's End Youth Center on Saturday 12th of December. All of the kids had a great time with Captain Fantastic.
- Job Vacancy at the World’s End and Lots Road Big Local
Job TitleJunior Project/Outreach Worker
Do you want to work for an exciting community project that will make Worlds End & Lots Road Big Local area an even better place to live?WELR Big Local is a lottery-funded project which has £1million to spend over 10 years on activities that the local community have decided are important to them. We are now looking for a Junior Project/Outreach Worker to support our Big Local Co-ordinator in engaging with the local community, researching projects and helping to get them up and running. The salary is £20,000 pro rata for 3 days per week (Tuesday to Thursday). This post would ideally suit a young person from the local area. Please contact email@example.com for a job application pack and/or call 07464 971 428 for an informal chat. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 23rd March. The closing date for application is Wednesday 16th March at 17:00.
- World’s End Piazza
We are looking to make the Piazza prettier and more welcoming by having planters and beautiful flowers.The environmental team at the borough will be supporting us with this and we would encourage all residents to become involved. The local school will be encouraging local children to get involved. SMART will keep up the maintenance of the planters which will mean it will look lovely all year round.
- Homework ClubWe are working with the various schools in the local area in order to provide homework assistance for local children. Ashburnham Community School received £1,500 funding for a new Spelling homework club ......... Bella Street Head of School thanked WELR Big Local and said that the club is going very well
- World’s End MarketWe are working with the council to bring a regular market to World's End Piazza. We would welcome any resident's input on all the various aspects of running a regular market such as suggestions for regular stalls, running hours, specialist stalls, seasonal themes or anything else you wish to suggest. You can contact our Co-ordinator here.
- WELR Youth Radio StationAre you a Young person who would like to come along and get involved with this project? If so please contact Ella Camille at firstname.lastname@example.org.