MO1 Big Local Youth Skills
Following on from our 6 week pilot session, we are delighted to be able to continue on with this amazing workshop for our young people. Beginning on Tuesday 29th May, the sessions will be as follows –
29th May – Boxing
5th June – T shirt design
12th June – Kayaking
19th June – Thai Boxing
If your child is 11 – 16 and would like to sign up, please contact Vanessa or Ella on 07464971428 or email email@example.com
Huge thanks to Chelsea Yacht & Boat Company for sponsoring us to continue these sessions.
WELR community grant scheme
What are the WELR Big Local Community Grants?
As part of the first year’s grant the WELR Partnership will spend up to £3,000 on projects and will increase this to £5,000 in the second year which will benefit WELR residents and fit in with one or more of the following priorities.
- Jobs, training and enterprise opportunities
- Young People
- Green areas and Open Spaces
- Community Events and activities
Who can apply?
Individuals or community groups can bid for a grant to help them run a project and the Partnership Board will make the final decision on which projects will be funded. Community groups must hold a bank account requiring at least two signatories.
How much can I apply for?
Applications may be made between £100 – £500. You may submit an application for a larger amount although there is no guarantee that this will be agreed by the Partnership. Any money must be spent within 12 months of the grant being awarded.
Important points to consider when making an application
- Ensure your project benefits the residents of WELR.
- Applications should be for new activities or projects.
- If your application involves contact with Children or vulnerable adults you will need to satisfy us that all required DBS checks have been carried out.
- If applying towards a larger project all other funding must be in place.
- If your application is successful you will be required to have spent the funding and completed a monitoring and evaluation form at least twelve months after funding has been received. This form will include a breakdown and we reserve the right to ask for receipts/Invoices.
- Successful applicants will also be expected to display the WELR logo on all publicity relating to the funded project.
- All applications should include estimates of the costs involved (Including VAT), Evidence/receipts will be required as part of the monitoring and evaluation at the end of the project.
- Funding will not be provided as a retrospective basis and organisations should not commit themselves to the project before any final decision is made.
- If your application is successful you will receive an offer letter. You will need to sign and return before any funds are released.
- Decisions made by the Partnership Board are final.
The WELR Community Grant will not fund:
- Projects which will only benefit one individual
- Political activities
- We do not fund the practice of religion, or any activities that actively promote religion or particular belief systems (or indeed the lack of belief). However we will consider funding activities with a religious element such as religious festivals or celebrations as long as they are inclusive and open to all members of the community.
- Projects that do not benefit residents living in the WELR area.
Contact Vanessa – firstname.lastname@example.org T:07464971428
World’s End Market
We are working with the council to bring a regular market to World’s End Piazza.
We would welcome any resident’s input on all the various aspects of running a regular market such as suggestions for regular stalls, running hours, specialist stalls, seasonal themes or anything else you wish to suggest.
You can contact our Co-ordinator here.