Our Latest News and Events
- Are you interested in the following courses?
Next year, we are planning to offer introductory courses for children's care and working with young people
- Lets get Knitting!
OUR WEDNESDAY KNITTING CLUB IS ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Chair Based Exercise
PLEASE NOTE THIS ACTIVITY IS ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
- Football CoachingWe are beginning our Football coaching sessions again next week, with a coach from CFC Foundation
- Indian Head Massage 1-Day CourseAre you a Big Local resident and would like to attend a course we are offering? Is this something that will support you within your career search?
- Free Wellbeing Workshops
If you are interested in workshops to combat stress, lack of sleep, relaxation and other lifestyle problems, these courses could help.
- Lash Lift and Tint – 1 Day CourseWe are delighted to book you another course which will support your career within the beauty industry!
- EYEBROW COURSEFollowing on from beauty courses we have offered lately, we have now booked in another one for you :)
- We are now a Co-op Local CauseYou can help us offer more to the local youth.
- INDIVIDUAL EYELASH COURSEWOW!!!! We are offering you this amazing course... SPACES ARE LIMITED
- Gel Extensions and Polish courseWe are offering this amazing 1 day course...
- CoursesWe are keen to hear from Big Local residents about courses you would like to see us offer....
- PLEASE NOTE THIS ACTIVITY IS ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE… Eyes down!!!We hold a bingo session at our hub every other Tuesday - Book sales are from 12pm ready for a 12:30 start...
- WELR community grant schemeWhat are the WELR Big Local Community Grants? In year 1 the WELR Partnership will make up to £3,000 available for projects.
- Take our Survey
Help us find out how we can make Worlds End and Lots Road a better place to live and give yourself a chance to win a £50 voucher!
- Experienced Female Youth Worker
We are looking for female youth worker to support a 12 week project which will start after lockdown.
- WE ARE BACK!
So pleased to be back in our hub and seeing all our lovely residents walking past, with huge smiles!
- Art Positivity Competition
Summer is here and the lock down is being wound down.
So it's time to unleash your creativity and celebrate with a burst of positivity.
Art Positivity is a competition that the Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local is hosting for local kids from ages 5 to 16?
- YOUTH SESSIONS
We have moved our youth sessions online!
Every Tuesday and Friday between 3 - 4.30pm our young people join us via zoom. These sessions consist of quizzes, debates, keep fit & more.
- Our Next Quiz is Friday 22nd of May
Our third Quiz saw a new winner. Light at the End of the Tunnel were finally dethroned by Lorraine74 and Barbara with 28.5 points.
- Hub Closure
As many of you will know, due to government advice we are closed at the present time.
We are updating our social media daily and are looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
We have made donations to - AGE UK, The Salvation Army and Shelter to support the amazing projects they are delivering at this worrying time!
- Computer & Internet Access Sessions
We will be restarting these from Friday 24th July 2020
- BIG LOCAL ANNUAL SEASIDE TRIP!
We are so sorry this trip has been cancelled! We look forward to offering this to our residents next year...
So it is that time of year where we begin to think about our annual seaside trip! This year we will be going on Saturday 11th July and we will book 2 coaches, 1 for adults and 1 for families so that children can also benefit from a seaside trip!
- Free Energy Saving WorkshopDo you worry about your energy bills and would like to get tips on how you could reduce these? Come along to our workshop on Thursday 28th November at 12pm
- Junior Project/Outreach WorkerWe are looking for a junior Project/Outreach worker to join our committed team.
- Our Xmas Party for the Over 55’s is fully bookedIt is that time of year again!
- Indoor Mini-Christmas MarketWe are holding an indoor Mini Market.
- ESOL ClassesThis course is for you if your first language isn't English.
- Beginners ITWe are offering another short course which will begin on Thursday 3rd October until Thursday 31st October.
- THAMES REGATTACome along to this amazing event.....
- JOBS FAIR 2019We are holding a Jobs Fair...
- Up Cycling Fashion CourseIf your child is aged between 7 - 14 and would like to attend this amazing course, please contact us on 07464971428...
- ANNUAL SUMMER EVENT!!!It is that time of year again where we finalise all the amazing things that will be happening at our Big Local Summer Event!
- VACANCY Project/Outreach Worker
- Non-Violence in Conflict SituationsAre you aged between 15 - 25 and interested in attending this course?
- IT Beginners L3We are now moving onto level 3
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)You are invited to our AGM on Wednesday 19th June at 18.30.
- LETS PLAY FOR 5 – 10 YEAR OLDS!We are starting up another Games Club which will now be called LETS PLAY....
- IT Level 2We are offering a Level 2 computer course....
- Project/Outreach WorkerJob Vacancy Project/Outreach Worker
- Table-top Sale
We will be holding another sale on Saturday 8th June.
- Locally Trusted OrganisationWorlds End and Lots Road Big Local are in the process of looking for an (LTO).
- ESOL Taster SessionWe will be holding a taster session on Thursday 4th April 2019 10.00 - 13.00.
- SIA COURSEWe are offering our Big Local residents the opportunity to attend a 4 day SIA course ...
- Day Trip to Southend-on-Sea
Last year we went to Brighton for a day trip & this year we will be heading to Southend-On-Sea :)
- Health & Strength Chair-Based ExerciseAre you 55 or over and would like to come along to a 10 week chair based exercise class?
- XMAS GAME – WELR BIG LOCAL vs NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING OFFICERS & PARTNERSAnother chance to come along and support our football teams ........
- STREET SAFE WORKSHOPSTREET SAFE - DAMAGE BY VIOLENCE WORKSHOP
- ESOL CourseESOL SPEAKING AND LISTENING ............
- FREE BEGINNERS IT COURSE WEA Adult Learning Within ReachWould you like to come along for a beginners IT course?
- WELR Big Local Youths vs Neighbourhood Policing Officers & Partners Football MatchHow exciting...
- Pensioners Christmas PartyIt is that time of year where we begin organising our annual Christmas party! Last year we held a party for 20 residents, and everyone had a fantastic time. We will be holding this on Friday 21st December from 12.00 - 16.00.
- SIA CourseAs there has been lots of interest from residents, we will be holding another SIA course... The course will begin on Tuesday 22nd January until Friday 25th January from 10.00 - 18.00.
- Table Top SaleWe held a very successful table top sale at the end of September! there was 32 stalls in total selling lots of various merchandise, toys, cloths, Xmas paper, gifts etc...
- GANG TALKWe will be joined tonight by Chris Preddie and Shawden who will give a talk to our young people about gangs etc and how to stay safe!
- 8 week art course for young peopleWe are delighted to offer another course for our young people. This will begin on Saturday 6th October at 11.30am until 1.30pm.
- Junior Project WorkerDo you want to work for an exciting community project that will make Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local area an even better place to live?
- RBKC Resident Community PanelRBKC Small Grants Community Panel The Council’s Community Engagement Team are planning to run their Small Grants programme in October 2018.
- Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local Table Top SaleWe will be holding a tbale top sale where local residents can sell their unwanted goods in the Piazza.
- CSCS COURSEAre you interested in working on a construction site, but don't have the skills needed? Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local are offering residents the opportunity to attend a 1 day course on Wednesday 5th September from 10 - 6.
- Art ClubOur young people have attended a 6 week course with our amazing resident tutor :) They have been taught so much and produced lots of exciting pieces.
- Junior Project WorkerAmazing Opportunity! We have an amazing opportunity come up for a Junior Project Worker - Please contact Vanessa on 07464971428 for an application or email email@example.com
- Half term Arts & Crafts afternoonWe offered our young people a fun packed afternoon, where they were able to express their creative side.
- WelcomeWe would like to say a warm welcome to our new member of staff Adham who will be beginning his Big Local journey soon!
- Food Safety 4 day L3 courseOur residents have been very keen to attend our Food Safety courses, so much so that we have now run two L1 & two L2 courses.
- 100% Natural Cosmetic WorkshopDo you get fed up of paying out for expensive body creams, face wash, moisturisers etc?
- Brighton (Day Trip)We will be taking our residents to Brighton on Saturday 23rd June :) We will be leaving at 09.00 by coach and will return at 18.00.
- Essential First AidWell done to everyone that attended this course. We hope that you left with lots of valuable knowledge in what to do in the event of an emergency.
- SIA & Fire SafetyWell done to all our attendees who passed the SIA & Fire Safety course. We look forward to following your career path and hearing all about your future roles within this industry.
- Madame TussaudsWe visited Madame Tussauds with 12 of our young people on Saturday 19th May. We mingled with the stars and took a taxi back in time :)
- Free Well-Being Workshops on a Range of TopicsWe will beginning these workshops on Tuesday 12th June for English speaking residents and Thursday 21st June for Arabic speaking residents.
- Floristry CourseWe are offering our residents a Floristry course beginning on the 6th June.
- Big Local Youth WorkshopsWe are about to complete a 6 week pilot workshop for our young people - Following on from the success, we have been sponsored by a local organisation to continue this as an ongoing project.
- Food safety L2Well done to all our participants who completed and passed L2. Big Local is committed in supporting our residents with knowledge and skills, to enable them to seek work within their chosen field.
- Junior Project WorkerDo you want to work for an exciting community project that will make Worlds End & Lots Road Big Local area an even better place to live?
- Food Safety Level 1 (Round 2)We recently held this course and due to popular demand we are offering it again on Wednesday 25th April 10.00 - 14.00
- DRAMA WORKSHOP 2018What a wonderful half term week our young people had, they attended a 4 day drama workshop and worked towards an end performance which they showcased to their family & friends!
- SIA TRAINING COURSEWorlds End and Lots Road Big Local are offering our residents the opportunity to attend a 4 day training course.
- YOUTH FITNESS TRAININGAre you aged between 11 - 16? We are offering our young people the opportunity to come along to a 6 week workshop, beginning Tuesday 6th March at 18.00 - 19.30.
- As one door closes another door opens!One illustration Club has finished & a new one will be beginning soon...
- HALF TERM DRAMA WORKSHOP!We are offering our WELR Big Local young people the opportunity to come along and enjoy a drama workshop with an experienced teacher in February half term.
- Henna workshopWe have an amazing workshop starting in February.
- We have a new home…The Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local have finally moved into our fantastic new hub!
- Food Safety Level 1We are offering Big Local residents a short course in February - This qualification is ideal for anyone working or looking to workl in the catering and hospitality industry.
- We are moving into our new hub!!We are putting down roots. Please come and join us at the opening of our new hub.
- Back to School Podcast
We have Gabby and Shalom interviewing each other about going back to school.
- Christmas Pensioners PartyWorlds End and Lots Road will be holding a Christmas party for our pensioners on Wednesday 20th December 2017...
- Christmas MarketWe are excited to be holding our second Christmas market on Saturday 25th November between 12.00 - 17.00.
- September PodcastWe have decided to do this podcast after our recent trip to London Zoo.
- WELR Big Local Football coachingFootball coaching is now finished - Thank you to all our talented young people, who came along. We hope you enjoyed being taught by our experienced resident coach!
- Football CoachingWe have signed 10 children up for our football coaching sessions in September - We are really excited to witness the beginning of a Beckham, Lampard or Neymar :)
- Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local trip to the Zoo!WELR Big Local invited 11 young people from the Big Local area on a trip to London Zoo on Thursday 10th August 2017.
- July Podcast – Musical Moments
Join us as we give the World's End take on a bunch of recent classics...
- Trip to London ZooWere all going to the zoo tomorrow...
- Mock Interview Fun!
This podcast is a mix of mock interviews done by our youth members.
- Self Defence ClassWorlds End and Lots Road are offering a free Self Defence Class on Wednesday 12th July for Women only.
- WELR Big Local Summer EventIt is nearly that time of year where we all come together as a Community - Add the date to your diary. We have lots going on and it will be a great day.
- AGM 2017WELR Big Local held their 2nd AGM on Tuesday 16th May. Thank you to all who attended and we are sure you will agree lots of exciting things have been happening. Thank you to SMART for the delicious food.
- Floristry CourseWELR Big Local and Brompton Cemetery recently held a Floristry course for 6 local residents. The arrangements they made were amazing and the feedback was fabulous.
- Jobs Enterprise & Training
We recently held a 6 day SIA course and are delighted that all 6 attendees passed. They have received 3 certificates and can now apply for their SIA card, which is needed to work within the Security industry.
- Introduction to FloristryWorlds End and Lots Road Big Local & Brompton Cemetery Conservation Project are offering an introduction to Floristry Course.
- Worlds End Podcasts 003 – An interview with Ricky RaymentThe former TOWIE star came along to the World End to face a grilling from some of the local youth. Ricky talks about TOWIE and keeping in contact with his old cast mates.
- Illustration/Comic workshopSaturday saw the start of our aspiring artists at our new club. We are delighted that our young residents enjoyed the first session and look forward to seeing them again soon. They will be working towards a final comic, we will keep you updated.
- Jobs/Enterprise SIA courseWELR Big Local residents recently attended a 6 day course.
- Games clubFREE - After school Games club is run twice a month for 1 hour at World's End Community Centre.
- Singapore Maths WorkshopHave you heard about this amazing way to teach your Children Maths? We are offering a free workshop for WELR Big Local residents on Wednesday 8th March between 13.30 - 15.00.
- SIA CourseWe are working to offer local residents courses, which fit into our Jobs and Enterprise priority. We are running a 5 day SIA course in March
- Essential First Aid CourseFREE ESSENTIAL FIRST AID COURSE - St.John Ambulance
- WELR Children's Christmas party 2016
Many thanks to all the kids and parents who came along
- WELR Big Local Christmas market 2016 – What a wonderful day!!We all had a great day on Friday. Many thanks to all the stallholders. performers and visitors who contributed such a brilliant occasion...
- WELR Children's Christmas party – Saturday 10th December 2016Come along and sign your child up for our FREE Christmas party! Spaces available for Children 8 and under - Lots of fun things, including Science experiments, Face painting, Games, Food, Music.
- WELR Big Local SMART Music ClubWELR Big Local SMART Music Club will be holding their monthly club on Thursday 15th December between 11.00 - 13.00. Come along and get involved with this fantastic session, we will be extending the invitation beyond the WELR Big Local area :)
- How exciting!!! WELR BIG LOCAL CHRISTMAS MARKET 2016WELR Big Local are bringing Christmas to the Worlds End Piazza on Friday 9th December 14.00 - 19.00.
- SU2C We raised £351!!Thank you to everyone who came along and supported us to raise money for SU2C - We are delighted with the money raised.
- STAND UP TO CANCERThank you to everyone that came along and supported SU2C Coffee morning - We are absolutely delighted to inform you that we raised £351! We would also like to thank all the local businesses that so kindly donated gifts for the raffle and everyone that made all the beautiful cakes, you all helped to make this a great event.
- WELR BIG LOCAL BIG LOCAL SUMMER EVENTMake a date in your diary for Saturday 23rd July 2016 - WELR Big Local are excited to bring you the 3rd Summer event! Lots of entertainment - Music, Food, Children's Fair rides and lots more, This is a day to bring all the WELR Big Local residents together and have a fun day. Let's hope the sun is shining for us.
- CV Writing, Interview techniques, Job search – We are here to help you.Are you looking to get back into employment or at the start of your career and would like support with: Interview techniques, CV writing, Job search?
- Jobs and EnterpriseWELR Big Local is working with Portobello Business centre to provide a free workshop and course for WELR Big Local residents.
- Worlds End Radio StationThe World's End Radio is a local based project run by the WELR Big Local that aims to create a series of Internet based podcasts and videos produced by young people from the local area.
- What a difference a Planter makes!WELR Big Local are so pleased with the amazing Planters! We hope you love them as much as we do - Huge thanks to Terry Oliver & Team and SMART for the maintenance and keeping them looking beautiful.
- A new member of the WELR teamElla Camille has been appointed to the WELR Big Local team as the Junior Project/Outreach Worker.
- WELR music Café sessionWe will be introducing social music sessions soon. The sessions are based on the SMART ethos that music can be a helpful and therapeutic means of communication, interaction and expression.
- Upcoming Annual General MeetingThe Worlds End and Lots Road Big Local is a 10-year project empowering local people to make a real difference to their neighbourhood.
- Pictures from the 2015 Xmas PartyThe Big Local Children's Christmas party took place at the World's End Youth Center on Saturday 12th of December. All of the kids had a great time with Captain Fantastic.
- Job Vacancy at the World’s End and Lots Road Big LocalDo you want to work for an exciting community project that will make Worlds End & Lots Road Big Local area an even better place to live?
- World’s End PiazzaWe are looking to make the Piazza prettier and more welcoming by having planters and beautiful flowers.
- Homework ClubWe are working with the various schools in the local area in order to provide homework assistance for local children.
- World's End MarketWe are working with the council to bring a regular market to World's End Piazza.
- WELR Youth Radio StationAre you a Young person who would like to come along and get involved with this project? If so please contact Ella Camille at firstname.lastname@example.org.